Monday, September 20, 2010

My $120 Lunch

So my new job is located in the city. Fabulous, love being in the city for at least part of the day.

Also fabulous, the mall (which I have a love/hate relationship with) is just a 5 minute walk away. The other day I ventured over ONLY to deposit a paycheck.
Well of course I walked the whole 5 minutes (I know it's not really that long) over to the bank in the mall, left my check at my desk, and managed to spend $120 in Gap. Yep, not only did I not deposit money I managed to spend it! Let me explain myself. Gap was having a jeans sale. I’m not sure if you’ve ever tried Gap jeans, but they are probably my favorite things ever. Usually around $70, I buy 1 pair a year. I wear my jeans out from use so it’s just not worth spending over $100 each time, and you 7 for All Mankind fans will never convince me otherwise!

I bought 2 pairs of Jeans from gap for $70 total. That’s right $35 per pair. Awesome!
I’m on the short side so the Ankle length is almost perfect. It still manages to touch the ground in flip flops, do these companies think we are all 5’ 7”?

I also found this sweater at the front of the store on sale for $20. It matched my pants better than the shirt I had on that day did, so I figured I’d at least try it on. 10 minutes later I was in heaven. So I bought it in 3 different colors.

And my last purchase was this skirt I found in that blackhole they call the "sale rack" for $21. It was the only one of it’s kind and just happened to be in my size. It’s going to be a pain due to the constant ironing it will need, but I think overall it’ll be worth it.

I got it in a coraly reddish color that of course they only sell in stores; this means I can’t show it to you. It also means I’m pretty excited I found it in my size.

Just thought I would share my $120 lunch with you all. Tell me I’m not the only one who has those days?

P.S. For those of you counting I know that adds up to more than $120, I gave in and opened a Gap Credit Card to save a few extra bucks.


P.P.S. I love this room….

Found in Cabo San Lucas via House of Turquoise there is something just so absolutely perfect about it feeling summery and fresh, yet with a linen change it could be fall, winter, or spring. Love that. I'm getting really confused with all these images that are so "summer" or so "fall" if it's my house it'd better be every season, I live in that thing year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment