Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Laughing Later.

Okay so today I was going to post pretty pictures and play design freak. What is it they say about the best laid plans…?

Let’s start from the beginning.

If you go back I've talked about a wedding I’m in coming up, err holy cow, less than 2 weeks away now. Last night was the bachelor party. Boyfriend decided to go even though he is not a huge fan of the groom, $25 to buy a ticket to go to our local watering-hole is crazy, and he was tired. That’s right 3 reasons not to go, but he was a good sport.

He left the house around 7:30, I offered to drop him off and pick him up so he didn’t have to worry about driving, but he told me over and over again that he wasn’t staying long or drinking much.

Well as you could guess this is were the story goes awry, he stayed late and drank…. A LOT. At 12:30 I get a text message that asks where I am. I respond back “In bed” of course. It’s a work night and I’m a girl who needs my 9 hours of sleep. (That’s not a joke either, I NEED 9 hours of sleep)

5 minutes later… “Please come pick me up, I need a ride.”

Well let me just tell you, I’m more than glad to hop out of bed anytime for someone who has drank too much and needs a ride. Seriously. I’m known for doing it for many people. This was absolutely no problem, I even held my tongue on the “I told you so” I could have given him.

Fast Forward to 3 AM where boyfriend is still chatting, getting up every 5 minutes to pee, and sleeping the middle of our Full Size bed, on top of the covers. The on top of the covers pushed me right over the edge, I was cold and couldn’t possibly get under them the way he was situated. Plus he's 6 feet and change, I'm 5'2". There was no way I was moving him.

At this point I’m no longer laughing about the situation. I wasn’t laughing as I woke up at 8 am to go to work either. Still wasn’t laughing around Noon, when the exhaustion was really kicking in.

Now though, now I can laugh. He never gets drunk. He never is chatty. Boyfriend is very laid back and quiet. Drunk Boyfriend is basically the polar opposite. There was some funny stuff going on.

Like the falling down trying to get into bed, rolling out of bed and landing on the floor, the sad face as he told me he didn’t get a lap dance from the strippers and that he’d like to go back. I tried to let him know that the bar was closed, the party was over and the strippers had most likely gone home to their very nice penthouse apartments that they can afford based on their salary (or dorm rooms as they pay there way through college depending on the girl). He didn’t believe me and managed to get halfway out of the front door before I could corral him back to bed.

I managed to not yell, shout, or show my upsetness (that’s not even a real word) the whole time. I stayed quiet, smiled quietly and swallowed it because I knew after I took a good nap and heard about the night from his point of view, I’d laugh. The nap there being the key.

And boy am I laughing now. I have ammunition for a good long while. Sometimes it pays to just sit back and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment